I have been trying to grow Rosemary for years. I live in Pennsylvania and can't seem to get it to winter over. This year I brought a plant in the house. Maybe I can save it. The last time I brought it in the house, it got all white mold on it. I think I watered it to much.
I use Rosemary for all sorts of things. Here is a list of some of it's heath benefits.
1. It can boost the memory and lord knows I can use all the boosting I can get.
2. Immunity Boost. The last few years I have been getting sick easily.
Rosemary has antioxidant compounds including rosmarinic acid, caffeic acid,
betulic acid and carnosol. I hope it keeps me from getting the flu and colds
3. Detoxifies the body. That is something I am always working on.
Rosemary is a little bit of a diuretic and pushes out pathogens, toxins,
4. I was just reading where the carnosic acid in Rosemary can help with
Macular Degeneration. My Hubs Was Diagnosed With Macular Degeneration
awhile back. You can check that post if you want to. He thinks what he is doing
is helping to slow it down. Now we are adding Rosemary.
5. This hasn't been proven except by me... but when I eat rosemary, it can take the white
right off my tongue when I am having problems with thrush. And it may not work
for anyone else.