NOTE: This blog is for my own healing, if you read and try something I do... you will be trying it at your own risk. I do some pretty crazy things to heal, some work, some don't. So please, check with your doctor before you do anything I do.
While going though the candida diet, I had bouts with depression,.,.,. Not bad depression, but all the same. I was DEPRESSED at times. Anyone who knows me, knows I am not a person who is usually depressed.
Here are a few of the things that made me feel depressed
1. People treated me like I had an eating problem
2. I would think I was gettting better, then....BOOM, I was sick again
3. We would go to a restaurant and I had to watch everyone eating all this good food
4. Trying to explain to a waiter or waitress how I wanted my food prepared. One person ask me if I was this picky at home..... If he only knew...
Things to help with depression
1.. This is the top one for me.....FIND A SUPPORT SYSTEM. Because my sister was going through candida at the same time, we would call each other..... sometimes we would cry but we always helped each other.
I can not stress how important it is to surround yourself with people who understand. Ignore those who say nasty things and try to stay away from them
2. You are going to go through different phases with candida. One day you will feel great and the next day you will feel lousy. This was normal for me. My sister went through the same thing.
Just make sure you are eating correctly. If you added something new, you might have to give it up for a couple of weeks and then try it again.
3. Going to restraunts was very stressful for me. I love the smell of good food and I used to love eating it. Now, I take my own food into a restaurant and when they have nothing for me to eat, I eat my own food. Most restraurants don't have a problem with this if you tell them you have food allergies.
4. There are some calming teas you can drink. One of them is camomile tea. I drank a lot of that and still do.
What ever you do try not to get stressed, that is one thing that would make my candida worse. I also know it is easier said than done..... Boy... do I know.